SB – v- Road traffic Act Insurer
Manchester County Court
Mr S.B was sent to us as he was a passenger in a car and his then solicitors were also acting for his driver. This was considered to be a conflict of interest and hence our involvement.
Upon receiving his file from his former solicitors, we:
- Reviewed his files and saw him in person.
- Agreed to accept for him on a no-win-no-fee basis.
- Carried out further investigation with him and his witnesses and driver.
- Retained the barrister on a no-win-no-fee basis for him and arranged a meeting with him.
- Dealt with all procedural matters on his behalf against his opponent solicitors and prepared the case for trial.
- Purchased an insurance policy for him in case he lost the case and had to pay his other sides costs.
- Arranged further meeting with his barrister 2 weeks before the trial, to explain evidence against him and his role before the trial judge.
- To our client’s surprise, the insurer’s solicitors settled his claim for £1,750.00 and his legal costs before going into a court room
It took him over 18 months to reach the door of the Court. We believed in his case and met his expectations.
1st November 2010