All physicians have a legal duty to take reasonable care for your health when they treat or advise you. Put simply, if you suffer injury or trauma and it was caused due to a failing by your doctor or attending physician, then this is known as clinical negligence and you may be able to claim.
Clinical negligence could include things like:
- Your doctor repeatedly ignoring symptoms, which results in a condition that could have been treated or prevented if caught sooner
- Surgical equipment left inside your body when undergoing an operation
- A doctor or surgeon mishandling your treatment, which results in additional surgery, injury or even permanent effects
What Can I Claim For?
[x_text]When you suffer injury due to clinical negligence, it can have a number of financial consequences. That’s why at LawClaim.net, we focus on more than just the compensation for the injury itself.
Other expenses to consider that should be a part of your claim include:
- Loss of Earnings
- Travel to and from medical appointments due to the clinical negligence
- Gratuitous Care (we can claim an hourly rate for all the time you have needed assistance with things that you would have normally done for yourself, but for your injuries)
- Medication and Treatment [/x_text]
- A higher settlement for your injuries
- Private medical treatment
- An interim payment to keep you afloat whilst your claim is being dealt with
- Reimbursement of your travel costs, medication costs and other out-of-pocket expenses
How Does It All Work?
[x_text]Making a claim for clinical negligence couldn’t be simpler. It all starts with an informal chat to discuss your circumstances. We’ll talk about your prospects of success and what exactly we can do to help make life easier for you in the meantime.
Once we have taken on your case, we’ll submit your claim to the appropriate body, who will usually pass this on to their insurers to deal with. From that point on, we will negotiate directly with their insurers to settle the claim fairly and obtain any treatment that you need to assist your recovery.
If they do not accept responsibility for their clinical negligence, we can take your case to court, but don’t worry, as only a very small percentage of cases are actually settled in court. Most are dealt with directly with the other side by way of negotiation.[/x_text]
The LawClaim Difference
[x_text]There are a lot of personal injury lawyers who offer to take on a cases for clinical negligence, but it takes experience and skill to get the best settlement.
The key difference that you’ll get when claiming for clinical negligence through LawClaim, is the way in which your claim will be handled. Unfortunately most large firms have to use junior lawyers or case handlers who are not even qualified solicitors to handle your case, with as little time spent on your case as possible, in order to make it profitable for them.
But because our clients come to us directly and we do not have the same overheads, we can afford to spend as much time and put in as much work as is required to get the best outcome possible for you.
It’s not surprising that so many of our clients started their cases elsewhere, but transferred to us when the realised that they needed more time and effort to get the right result for them.
So what does this mean to you? By choosing LawClaim, depending on your circumstances, you could get:
Start Your Claim Now
[x_text]We’re here to help. Get in touch today for an informal no-obligation chat about your circumstances and we’ll happily talk through your options. We’ll address any questions or concerns that you may have and help you to understand the legal process in clear, jargon-free language.
If you’re ready to discuss your claim for clinical negligence with us, click the button below and let’s get started![/x_text]